We are proud to be the coordinator of a community project in which we collect recyclable materials and transport it to the local recycling center. We encourage everyone to participate in this program. While there is no monetary gain, this still provides a service that will help preserve the environment and keep unnecessary waste out of the landfill.
There are certain guidelines we must follow in order to make this program work.
- Recyclable materials can be dropped off at our store each Saturday from 10 am until 5 pm, unless otherwise notified.
- At this time, we are only collecting tin cans, aluminum cans, mixed paper, and cardboard. The center we are taking the materials to has currently placed restrictions for plastic. They are no longer taking plastic of any kind. They also do not accept glass.
- Cans must be rinsed out, i.e. dog food and cat food cans, or any cans that have bigger quantities of content left behind. These tend to draw gnats and other critters, and may cause unpleasant odors in our building.
- Additionally, tin cans need to be separated from aluminum cans. They place them in different bins at the center, and are weighed separately.
- Cardboard boxes MUST be broken down.
Please remember, we are volunteering our space, time, and effort. We need your help in making the process as easy as possible.
Thank you for your participation. If you have questions, you may reach out to me via email, or CHAT, through our website. I will respond as soon as possible.
So much appreciation for our community!
Lisa and Jim